Monday, November 23, 2009

Humility

The last time I was wrong was when I did not approach my teacher to talk to him/her about how I was feeling about my class and how we could find ways to improve the class. Because of this my grade in the class is suffering. There was something inside of me where I did not feel like I could approach my teacher and felt scared inside. I did not feel like this teacher really understood how to work with a deaf person or thought about ways to adjust the lessons so that it was accessable for all of us rather than just the hearing. but i had to realize that I am teaching that teacher at the same time as they are teaching me. The situation and personal things i was going through was causing me to shut everyone out rather than letting them in. I feel that a teacher can find the balance between confidence and genuine humility by standing strong but also realizing we all make mistakes sometimes and if we do..we should be willing to admit it and make it better next time.. we are all humans and humans makes mistakes but it should not knock our self esteem down and make us feel like we are bad teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment